Funds are awarded based upon application and needs expressed. Amount awarded to grantees is partially determined by the total amount of grant funds available.
School Year 2021-2022 Information
The Grant Application Timeline for the 2021-22
COVID19 has greatly altered our process for the 2021-22 School Year.
September 2021 – Information available to read and download from www.friendsoflbl.org.
If you are interested in visiting one of the education facilities at Land Between the Lakes, we look forward to your visit. We have a several safety precautions in place at each location. Program choices may be limited in order to avoid some indoor spaces. We are currently not gathering any groups in the theater space at Woodlands Nature Station or the Homeplace. Programs will take place outside at both locations so it is important to come dressed appropriately for the weather. The Historic buildings at the Homeplace can be viewed from outside looking into the rooms where we have set up interesting displays but we are currently not allowing visitors to gather inside any of the buildings.
Currently, Brandon Spring Group Center is closed through the end of December.
- November 12, 2021 – Deadline to submit grant application for review by the Evaluation Committee.
- November 29, 2021 – Grants awarded posted to website – www.friendsoflbl.org. [there has been a delay in Evaluation Activities. We are sorry.]
- From posting date ASAP, call Scheduler to schedule your visit as the time slots will fill quickly … call (270) 924-2020. Remember that there are COVID19 restrictions but we will do all that we can to provide for your educational experience at Land Between the Lakes.
- Oct 1, 2021 thru May 31, 2022 – Field Trips to Land Between the Lakes conducted. Send your Evaluation Form back 7 days after trip please. Please ask teachers to include at least one specific positive impact upon students as a result of the experience with us in nature.
- Jun 30, 2022 – Deadline for Grantees to submit all documentation requested to include photos (with parental permission) showing student involvement here
Forms to be completed or used to complete application
-Price sheet for services and facilities
-Application Form and Financial Plan Form
Field Trip Evaluation
You must complete the application form, the financial plan form and submit in writing to Jim Taylor, 345 Maintenance Rd, Golden Pond, KY 42211 and/or to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received in the LBL office no later than close of business Oct 31, 2021.
The Order of Merit Listing of groups approved will be shown below when available.
We will direct funds equal to the number of dollars which we committed to support (based upon the number of students traveling to LBL and the number of facilities and nights stayed). These approved funds will be paid directly to the proper agency to support your visit. Any costs above the amount approved will be the responsibility of the school. These obligations need to be satisfied by payments made by the school.
Please complete and forward your evaluation form within 7 days of trip and visit.
[Digital images of your students engaged in their visit would be very helpful to us. Please submit after your visit.]
The final Order of Merit List for Grants approved for the 2021-22 School Year will be show here when available. Please remember that all Evaluations should be received by Jun 30, 2022 in order to be reimbursed.
To learning more about this exciting program, contact us at email@example.com.
Information for trip planning, including pre & post-tip activities, is available here. Information necessary for developing your visit costs may be found here.
View a guide to correlation to KY educational standards and Woodlands Nature Station or The Homeplace programs on the www.landbetweenthelakes.us website.
View a guide to correlation to TN educational standards and Woodlands Nature Station or The Homeplace programs on the www.landbetweenthelakes.us website.
There may be changes due to updates in programs. For current information on Golden Pond Planetarium shows, call 270-924-2243 or look below.
KY Standards for Planetarium Programs Here
TN Standards for Planetarium Programs Here
If you have any questions about an application for a Field Trip Grant experience, contact Jim Taylor, the grant administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (270)924-2091